1. Why do you have quarantine?
2. How long is quarantine?
3. How do you qualify for the 5-Day or Less Quarantine?
4. What if I am a Hawaii resident and I want to take my pet out of state for a short visit?
All foreign arrivals need to go through Honolulu International Airport.
5. Are the quarantine rules applied for travel between Hawaiian Islands?
6. How do I arrange for MHS to do the direct release check for my animals?
7. Not all airlines are participating in direct release on Maui. Carriers that have participated in Direct Release on Maui include Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines and United Airlines. This list is subject to change at any time. Please check with your carrier.
8. These are general guidelines only. Owners should check the state quarantine website for more detailed information so each step is correctly followed. If owners don’t follow the necessary steps, their pets may be denied direct release at the airport and are subject to quarantine.
9. The Animal Quarantine Station can also be reached at:
For best and most complete information and to download forms, access the state website at:
Donate Your Pet's Air Kennel! Once you have arrived on Maui with your pet, please consider donating your used Air Kennel to our Wings of Aloha program and save many lives in the process.
Please contact MHS if you have any questions!
|Copyright © 2012 Maui Humane Society|
|Web Services provided by Meyer Computer, Inc.
Web Hosting & Design