Game of Homes: Kittens Are Coming
Last year Maui Humane Society placed 967 kittens into foster homes during the peak of kitten season, which runs from March 1 to September 30. A total of 160 of those kittens were bottle babies that required specialized care.
Here's how you can help save the tiniest lives:
1) Foster a kitten/ litter of kittens. Shelter space is precious, so if you can open your heart and home to young kittens until they are old enough to be adopted, you aren't just helping to socialize and care for kittens, you're creating precious shelter space for kitties most in need! Learn more about our volunteer foster program here.
2) Donate supplies for foster kittens from our Kitten Shower Amazon Wish List. Make Maui Humane Society your AmazonSmile charity to make your gift go further for Maui's animals at no extra cost to you!
3) Choose adoption. When you adopt, you help save lives by creating space in the shelter for another animal in need. View adoptable animals here.
4) Spay and Neuter. If you or anyone you know has intact cats, help reduce the number of unwanted litters by having them spayed or neutered. Call (808) 877-3680 ext. 3 to make an appointment - we can help! Learn more about our spay/neuter programs here.
5) Join our efforts to manage intact cats in your neighborhood by trapping cats, bringing them to Maui Humane Society to be spayed/neutered (at no cost to you). You don't even have to pick them up after surgery - we will return them to the location they were found once they have recovered from surgery! Learn more about managing community cats here.
|Copyright © 2012 Maui Humane Society|
|Web Services provided by Meyer Computer, Inc.
Web Hosting & Design