We always need and accept donated items that can be used for our shelter animals! A warm blanket, bed or towel can make a huge difference in making an animal feel more at home in their kennels, before they find their furever Ohana. It is also helpful for the animals that need a comfortable place to recover from medical treatments.
Here is a list of items we will always accept, and a list of items we don’t, too!
Need: If it’s made for pets/animals, we will take it!
- Towels (Bath and hand towel size)
- Pet toys
- Pet food, in original packaging (opened is ok!)
- Pet meds, even if expired
- Pet beds/bedding
- Pet treats
- Flat sheets only
Do NOT need or accept: We do not accept ANYTHING with stuffing, as this is a choking hazard for our animals.
- Pillows of any kind
- Cushions of any kind (i.e. couch or furniture cushions)
- Mattress covers/duvets
- Stuffed animals (unless it’s specifically made for dogs/cats)
- No fitted sheets/pillow cases
- No kitchen items
- No rugs/bath mats
The following is a list of supplies that are always needed to provide loving care to Maui’s animals in need:
- Canned food for kittens, puppies, cats, and dogs (We really need this!)
- Stretch & Scratch pads
- Purina Fancy Feast Wet Kitten Food
- Stella & Chewy’s Carnivore Crunch
- Cheez Whiz/Easy Cheese (bacon cheddar flavor)
- Kong toys for dogs
- Kong ‘Easy Treat’ for filling Kong toys)
- Rabbit and guinea pig treats
- Guinea pig or rabbit fortified pellet food
- Fresh greens and fruit for our guinea pigs, rabbits, and other critters
- Cat toy wands
- PetSafe Gentle Leader Headcollar
- Kuranda Beds for cats and dogs
- Fleece blankets
- Gift Cards to Home Depot, Lowes, Office Max, Wal-mart, or Ace Hardware
- Check out our Amazon Wishlist for more items!
We are open 7 days a week 11am-5pm. Please bring donation items into the front office during open hours. If you bring items to donate after hours, please place them in our Goodbye Gazebo (covered bench area to the right of the front office).
Questions about donating to Maui Humane Society? Call (808) 877-3680 ext. 240 or email email@example.com for more information.