Did you lose or find a pet? File a report here.
Below are some tips and advice to keep your pets/animals/livestock safe this year:
- Ensure your pet is microchipped and proper, up to date ID tags are worn
- Walk them/exercise during daylight hours to avoid times when fireworks are likely to be set off. Besides being a healthy thing to do, taking animals out for play and exercise earlier in the day can help burn off extra energy, which limits their anxiety later and helps them rest more soundly.
- Close windows and curtains to muffle the sound of fireworks
- Play calming music or tv well before the fireworks start. This will help to mask the firework sounds.
- Create a quiet space where your dog/cat/critter can feel safe and in control.
- Use calming pet pheromones in places your pet likes to rest.
- When possible do not leave your pet alone during fireworks. If you are going out, see if a friend or family member can pet sit your animals.
- If you know your animal suffers from noise phobias speak to your vet about medicines that can help.
RSPCA: Fireworks and Your Pets
RSCPA: Fireworks and Tips to Keep Your Pet Safe
JetPet Report: 10 Tips for Dogs and Fireworks