Dog Care Tech Lexi’s pupsicles are a fun treat that keeps our shelter dogs busy and happy. Try them with your pups!
You will need:
- Cups (Lexi used plastic cups)
- A Kong toy or tough toy. Our dogs really enjoy the rope toys!
- Honest kitchen goat milk powder- The small tin will last you a while!
- Shredded chicken/canned dog food
- A spoonful of canned pumpkin puree (I add a pinch of cinnamon)
“Place the rope toy or Kong in the cup. In a bowl I combined the goat milk powder, pumpkin, and cinnamon with water. Then I poured this mixture into the cups, alternating layers with shredded chicken. It smelled like a Christmas dinner!
From there I put them in the freezer overnight. In the morning, I ran the cups under hot water to release the pupcicles from the mold.”