The Adoption Center is not open for walk-ins or public animal viewing at this time. No entry is permitted except by appointment.
Maui Humane Society remains committed to monitoring COVID-19 developments, following guidance from Hawaii State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Infection (CDC) to stay on top of best practices around social distancing, cleaning protocols, and other recommended disease prevention measures during these unprecedented times. We continue to follow operational guidelines provided by the National Animal Care & Control Association (NACA) regarding Animal Control and Sheltering Services during the COVID-19 crisis.
Maui Humane Society is offering all services BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Appointments are MANDATORY for the following:
- Stray/ Found Animal Drop Off
- Licensing & License Renewals
- Cremation Pick-Up
- Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Surgery & Vet Appointments
Adapting to a New Way of Adopting
Wondering how you can adopt a pet without coming into the shelter? It’s easy!
- First, view our available animals online and identify a pet that you are interested in bringing home.
- Call us at (808) 877-3680 ext. 3 to schedule a virtual appointment to meet the animal. We’ll provide you with some additional information and set a date! For virtual meetings, you can use Zoom, FaceTime, Skype… whatever works best for you. In some instances, animals may be living in foster homes. Contact information for the foster parent will be provided in the event that the virtual meet-and-greet needs to be arranged with them. In this case, you can skip the call to us and get in touch with them directly.
Schedule a 30-minute visit to the shelter (Appointments Only)
We are now allowing parties to schedule 30-minute visits to meet adoptable animals at the shelter in person. To ensure the safety of our staff and community, only those with scheduled appointments will be allowed entry.
Humane Enforcement services have resumed normal operations. Dispatch can be reached for non-emergency calls from 9am to 3pm. Emergency Animal Response is available 24/7 at (808) 877-3680 ext. 211.
Community Spay/Neuter Clinic
Maui Humane Society’s Community Spay/Neuter Clinic has resumed full operations and is accepting appointments from the public. To schedule an appointment for surgery, call (808) 877-3680 ext. 3 or schedule online. Animals must be in good health for surgery. Kittens must be a minimum of 3 months of age to be eligible for spay/neuter surgery.
Foster a Shelter Animal
We still need foster families to assist with our increasing animal intake numbers. If you are interested, please visit our fostering page to take the virtual orientation course and sign up.
Do you need help?
Maui’s economy has been hit hard by the COVID pandemic. Maui Humane Society is committed to assisting our community’s pet owners who are facing challenging financial situations through our 4EverPets Community Assistance Program. Our goal is to keep pets in their homes and families together. If you or someone you know is requiring assistance to feed or care for a pet, please get in touch with our Community Outreach Team at email@example.com.
Want to help Maui’s pets stay with the families who love them? Make a gift to the 4EverPets fund today!
To make an appointment for service, call (808) 877-3680 ext. 3 from 9am to 3pm.
Updated August 4, 2020